Micro Digital’s mission is to provide reasonably priced, no-royalty software products to our embedded system customers to enable them to get their products to market quickly. We achieve this with:
- Stable, industry-proven products - smx has been on the market for over 25 years, and Micro Digital has been in the embedded systems industry for over 40.
- Broad product line - Rather than providing a few products for many processor families, we provide many products for a few processor families. For example, smx is one of the few kernels to offer a C++ API in addition to the C API, and we are one of the few vendors to offer a WiFi stack.
- In-depth support - In contrast to most of its competitors, Micro Digital has a policy of focusing on just a few processor families (ARM, Cortex, ColdFire, and PowerPC), in order to support them well. We provide turn-key support for a very large number of processors, i.e.: startup code, BSP code, controller drivers, and helpful processor notes. This is evidenced by the free evaluation kits we provide for those processors. Each will come up running in a matter of minutes on the evaluation board for the specific processor. For almost all supported processors, controller drivers are available for our mid-level products (file systems, USB, TCP/IP, etc.) This in-depth support allows our customers to start immediately developing their own application code.
- Tool integration - We have selected the best development tools from other vendors, and we have invested significant effort to integrate them with our products. This saves our customers countless non-productive hours solving tool problems instead of developing their own products. Our smxAware greatly simplifies understanding and debugging multitasking systems. It is integrated with popular embedded debuggers.
- Modular RTOS - Why pay for what you don't need? A quick look at our Products page shows that SMX is a very modular solution. This not only saves unnecessary expense, but it also simplifies the development process and reduces memory footprint.
- Integrated platform - We are proud of our integrated platform that we call the Protosystem (proto meaning beginning). We pre-install and deliver a working, integrated Protosystem containing all products ordered. Thus, integration time is minimized.
- Direct programmer support - No help desk. Our customers deal directly with our engineers. This ensures that our customers get the best support possible. We recognize that a quick, correct answer can save countless hours, days, or even weeks of valuable time.
- Other Important Factors
- Free Evaluation Kits are available for popular boards before issuing a purchase order.
- 30-day free trial on all products to help assure our customers that they have made the right decision.
- 90-day free support and updates included in the purchase price.
- 24-hour response to all support requests.
- Support web site for product fixes, enhancements, tips, and more.
If you are looking for a software vendor that is as concerned about your company's success as you are, you found it!